THE NATIONAL CONFEDERATION OF INDIGENOUS HORSE SOCIETIES (NCIHS ) IS AN
ALLIANCE OF REGISTERED INDIGENOUS HORSE SOCIETIES PLEDGED TO THE
RESTORATION OF AN ALL INDIA BREED REGISTRY AS FOUNDED IN 1927 BY THE THEN
INDIAN STUD BOOK AND NATIONAL HORSE BREEDING AND SHOW SOCIETY OF INDIA.
FOUNDER AND ENROLLING BREED SOCIETIES PLEDGE COMMITMENT TO THE
CENTRALISATION OF STUD REGISTERIES SO AS TO ENSURE INDIA’S TRUE TO BREED
HORSES REMAIN RECORDED FOR POSTERITY WITHEN THE STUD BOOK OF
INDIGENOUS HORSES( INDIA ) BY THE IHSI AND NCIHS.
THE IHSI WILL BE THE PROMOTER / FACILIATOR AND RESPONSBLE TO SIGN THE MOU.
1. Membership will be open to all registered Indian horse societies.
2. Registration certificate of the society to be submitted with application for membership.
3. The society should have been in existence / operation a minimum of three years with a proven track record.
4. Each member society will have 2 members on the National Confederation.
5. The National Confederation will have 2 members from the Indian Stud Book as permanent members.
6. The National Confederation will choose from among its members a Convener, who shall be responsible to call meetings and run the office.
7. The term of the convener will be a period of 2 years from the date of assuming office.
8. The office of the National Confederation will be at the place of residence of the convener, the head office will be at the office of the IHSI.
9. Membership to the National Confederation will be Rs. 5000 /- yearly. payable in advance of the financial year.
10. The financial year of the National Confederation will be from 1st April to 31st March.
11. The National Confederation will be the responsible authority to arbitrate any disputes arising in the matter of registration, breed identification and will be the appeal authority, whose decision shall be final and binding on all its members.
12. All member registered breed societies will continue to work within their jurisdiction and may forward enteries from their respective stud registries directly to the IHSI or NCIHS for entry in the Indigenous Stud Book.
13. The Vet panel as approved by the SBAI in consultation with the IHSI and NCIHS will be authorized to collect blood and hair samples of the Indigenous horses for submission to the SBAI.
14. Names of the Vets currently working with Indigenous horses who wish to train in the collection of blood and hair samples may submit their names to the IHSI or NCIHS and be trained at Pune by SBAI. They shall only be authorized for Indigenous horses.
15. The scale of fees payable by the horse owners to RWITC Ltd./ Stud Book Authority of India will be as under:--
a) DNA typing Rs. 9440 /- including GST ( Subject to change in future )
b) Service tax and any other taxes, duties, levies, etc payable to Government or any other semi government authority / body will be charged extra and payable by the horse owners at the applicable rates as per the legislation / Government notification in that respect.
c) Repeat samples if requested for by the RWITC Ltd. for specified reasons will not be charged.
d) Repeat samples by the horse owners for any reasons will be charged extra.
16. The IHSI / NCIHS will be the sole authority to discuss the changes in this Charter and incorporate the same from time to time.
17. All members of the Confederation will be bound to follow the Charter of the NCIHS.
18. New societies may apply for membership to the Confederation and they will be given Provisional membership for a year without any voting right. Only one member will be taken on the confederation. After a year the working of the society will be reviewed before Full membership with 2 members is given.
19. The working Jurisdiction of the Confederation extends to the Union of India. For any legal issues the jurisdiction of the Confederation will that be of the place / town / city in the state of the Working address of the IHSI.
By approval of the Convener of the NCIHS / Secretary of the IHSI.